For more than 40 years, the Natural Care Center at Maryland University of Integrative Health, which includes our student teaching clinic and professional practitioners, has provided powerful, meaningful, and effective healing experiences for patients and clients that arrive with a wide array of health challenges.
Our student interns and professional practitioners provide more than 35,000 treatments and consultations annually at the Natural Care Center and other clinical training sites. Most of our services are provided at highly discounted fees and some are offered free of charge.
In the Natural Care Center, you can benefit from services in acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, western herbal medicine, nutrition, and yoga therapy. Our student interns and faculty provide optimal healing possibilities through the movement of the body’s qi (energy), the healing properties of herbs, the power of integrative and functional nutrition, and the use of breath, movement, and mindfulness in yoga therapy.
View the services below for more information.
- Acupuncture Treatments
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Consultations
- Fertility Care
- Naturopathic Medicine Consultations
- Nutrition Consultations
- Western Herbal Medicine Consultations
- Yoga Therapy Sessions
What We Believe
We teach and practice with the clear principles and values that probably drew you to integrative health. AT MUIH, you’ll also experience aspects of the healing that are intentionally very unique.
- We believe that the health outcomes are achieved when we understand and use the best of contemporary science as well as traditional, nature-based wisdom.
- We believe in using the least invasive approach possible to achieve improvement.
- We believe that the patient/client is at the center of every healing experience.
- We believe that the relationship between patient/client and practitioner is sacred and critical for healing.
- We believe that the body is wise and knows how to heal if given the opportunity and, optimal environment, and supportive treatment and tools for change.
- We believe that symptoms can be our teachers and can help us to take action toward positive change.
- We believe that the mind, body and spirit are one and that healing is possible on all levels.
Models of Care
Team Care: University Teaching Clinic
Because we are a teaching clinic within a university, our services are highly affordable and offer the best of integrative health care – a thoughtful, planned approach that bridges contemporary science with traditional wisdom. With our team care model, you receive highly effective and compassionate health services from MUIH graduate student interns under the supervision of faculty supervisors who are experienced and licensed or certified professionals.
If you prefer private (one-to-one) practice services, you may make an appointment with one of our licensed or certified private care practitioners. All of our private care practitioners are skilled clinicians with strong clinical experience, and many are connected to MUIH’s academic programs as faculty members and/or clinical supervisors.
View a list of team and private care fees and insurance information.
Make an Appointment
To request an appointment for team care with graduate student interns or private care, call 410-888-9048 ext. 6614 or email the Natural Care Center.
Natural Care Center at Maryland University of Integrative Health
7750 Montpelier Road
Laurel, MD 20723
Our Privacy Practices have been modified, effective February 17, 2016. To download an electronic copy, click here. You may also request a printed copy from a staff member in the Natural Care Center.