Withdrawal from a Program 

Enrolled students are responsible for initiating the withdrawal process in writing, by completing the program withdrawal form and submitting it to the appropriate Academic Advisor. Students will be refunded a portion of their tuition if they completely withdraw from the program (as established by the refund schedule). Exceptions to the published refund policy will be considered only when requests are supported by written documentation that indicates compelling justification from an employer, physician, or other authority and clearly documents responsibilities and/or commitments that were not pre-existing at the time of registration, a state of emergency or other grave situation. Exceptions will be reviewed and adjudicated on a case-by-case basis by the MUIH Finance Department, and are not to be interpreted as regular MUIH policy.

A student who withdraws and seeks to return to the institution must contact the Graduate Admissions Office. The reapplying student must fulfill all current admissions and curriculum requirements that are in place upon requesting readmission and pay all fees prior to being considered for readmission. A student may be subject to additional requirements or conditional requirements for reinstatement. Reacceptance is not guaranteed. A student wishing to reapply for financial aid must meet with the Director of Financial Aid. If the student does not submit a written request to the Academic Advisor from the program, an administrative withdrawal may be initiated by the Academic Advisor or the Registrar’s Office after one trimester of inactivity.

Involuntary Withdrawal Subject to the University’s duties under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended (as they may be amended from time to time), a student may be asked to withdraw voluntarily or may be administratively withdrawn involuntarily from the University when the student: Poses a direct threat to the health or safety of self or others; or Has interfered with the rights of other students, faculty, staff, or other members of the educational community or with the exercise of any proper activities, functions, or duties of the University or its personnel, or has repeatedly harassed any member of the University community. Students who withdraw from the University shall have all unassigned grades (including incompletes) converted to a “W.”