What Does an Integrative Nutritionist do?
Integrative nutritionists use science-based diet and nutrition therapies to support your personal health and well-being. They recognize that individualized nutrition is essential to health and their integrative approach is not limited to one dietary theory. Their support may include the use of conventional and non-conventional dietary philosophies rooted in traditional practice and scientific evidence.
Food can be powerful medicine, affecting your overall health and vitality as well as every function of your body. In fact, what you eat and drink literally becomes the very substance of your body. Whole foods, eaten and prepared properly, can effect profound changes in mind, body, and spirit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the potential benefits of nutrition counseling?
- What happens during the consultation?
- What model of care is available?
- How do I make an appointment?
- An increased sense of well-being and vitality
- Enhanced resilience of mind and body
- Feeling empowered to care for your own health, using food as medicine
- Mindfulness about hunger and satiety
- Increased ease with meal planning and food preparation
- Becoming better able to sustain a healthy lifestyle
Initial Consultation: 90 minutes
Your practitioner will gather information about your health and personal history, review your dietary preferences and health concerns, and assess your nutritional status. Together with your nutritionist, you will craft a personalized nutrition plan to start you on your path to greater health and vitality.
Follow-up Consultations: 45 minutes
Follow-up visits will support and guide you towards optimal nutrition and help you achieve your health and wellness goals.