This course explores the theory and practice of Chinese nutritional therapy. We will examine basic concepts of Chinese medical theory and diagnosis, and the energetic nature of food from a traditional Chinese medical perspective. Topics include the influence of the five flavors, the thermal nature of foods, the influence that diet/nutrition have on the organ/meridian systems, and the effects of different cooking and preparation methods. Basic diagnostic skills using tongue and other key signs and symptoms are covered, giving students the ability to make basic nutritional recommendations for particular conditions. Experiencing the different food energetics, through tasting, is included!
- Courses for Advanced Special Standing
- Master of Arts in Health and Wellness Coaching
- Master of Science in Health Promotion
- Master of Science in Nutrition and Integrative Health
- Post Master`s Certificate in Nutrition and Integrative Health