To support your organization’s effort to design and facilitate a high-impact training for division team members to work more effectivity, build trust, and leverage collective intelligence and expertise, Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) at Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) offers a hybrid neuroscience-based solution that integrates both training and coaching for maximum learning outcomes.
MUIH PCE strives to provide personalized and transformative learning experience translating to real-world application and improved outcomes for participants with the aim of positively affecting the organization.
Resilience is the capacity to prepare for, recover from and adapt in the face of stress, challenge, and adversity. For leaders, this requires emotion regulation capacities that allow them to get the most out of higher order thinking resources. When leaders are able to optimize their cognitive resources, they increase their ability to solve problems with insight, deepen self-regulation, and build social cognition essential for collaborative teamwork and the facilitation of positive change. Not only does emotion regulation play a fundamental role in developing resiliency, research illustrates that a leader’s ability to regulate is essential for building trust, maintaining high levels of motivation within themselves and others, and having the capacity to facilitate overall organizational flexibility and effectiveness. Findings in neuroscience and the physiology of stress resilience shine light on the biological underpinnings of the grit and persistence involved when leaders successfully navigate challenging situations that hold uncertainty, providing a fresh perspective on what it takes to learn and develop personal resilience in dynamic workplace contexts.
This evidenced-based program is highly interactive and is based on cutting-edge research from the Institute of HeartMath® and the physiology of stress resilience. It teaches practical tools for strengthening resiliency, improving decision-making, and increasing individual and team productivity. The tools taught in this program are utilized by surgeons, elite athletes, Fortune 100 executives, military leaders, and education systems to build stress resilience and improve human performance levels. Participants walk away with a greater capacity to navigate rapidly changing, high-pressure environments. Providing a science-based practical framework of self-regulation tools dramatically helps leaders gain more inner poise and clarity in the face of change and overwhelm. Improved composure facilitates clearer thinking and a stronger identity with organizational purpose and core values, improving the quality of problem solving and decision making. Participants learn how their responses to events, communications or circumstance can deplete or renew their resiliency.
Proposed Planned Activities/Exercises:
Activities include a combination of the presentation of scientific insights that concentrate on the importance of understanding the neurobiology of resiliency and effective self-regulation techniques for self-management in changing environments. Personal experiences will be shared by leaders and experiential group activities (i.e. self-regulation technique practice) will be included to deepen the learning experience of the participants. In addition, small roundtable discussions will be facilitated to elicit new connections and insights from the participants on how to apply the information and findings into real-world settings. A biofeedback demonstration will be included to demonstrate the effects of the practice.
We also offer the value-added opportunity to engage participants in an online learning environment for a period of thirty (30) days following the training to connect and reflect on their experience. This unique aspect of MUIH’s training approach further enhances the 1-day onsite workshop, reinforcing the learning components and relevance in everyday life; thus providing your organization with an increased return on investment.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will:
- Discover the depletion-renewal resiliency model for intelligent stress management.
- Practice evidenced-based skills for building resilience in the face of change and uncertainty.
- Utilize intelligent energy self-regulation techniques.
- Explain the benefits of coherence for personal and work effectiveness.
- Identify the impact of chronic stress and sleep on performance.
- Examine new research on the how attitudes and emotions affect co-workers, clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate how to regulate composure for improved decision-making.
- Model practical strategies for easily integrating resilience-building tools into everyday routines.
This unique program is designed to develop the following skills that directly impact work outcomes:
- Building resilience in the face of change and uncertainty.
- Intelligent energy self-regulation techniques.
- How maintain composure for improved decision-making.
- Practical strategies for easily integrating resilience-building tools into everyday routines.
Sample Training Program Outline:
Each session is organized based on the latest research in adult learning principles to enhance practical application into real-world settings.Exercises and case studies may be customized to the client’s needs to deliver an impactful and relevant training experience.
8:00am – 8:30am Welcome & Workshop Overview
8:30am – 10:00am Session I: The meaning and importance of resiliency to personal effectiveness, leadership and team performance/tools for intelligent stress management
- Introduction to depleting and renewing situations with group exercise
- Learn and practice the Heart-Focused Breathing® Technique
- Demonstration of the link between emotions and physiology
10:00am – 10:15am Break
10:15am – 12:00pm Session II: Understanding the physiology of coherence and resiliency/tools to build stress resilience capacity
- A discussion on the physiology of coherence from a scientific perspective
- Understanding the biology of stress resilience
- Depletion to renewal grid exercise to increase awareness of energy drains
- Quick Coherence® Technique
- Biofeedback demonstration of Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) regulation
12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch Break
1:00pm – 2:15pm Session III:Relational Energetics and Coherent Field Environments
- The science of relational energetics and how our attitudes, emotions, and behaviors affect relationships, workplace morale, and team performance
- Creating a coherent field environment and the energetics of communication
- Understanding the connection between glitches in communication, energy drains, and resilience
- Learn and practice the Coherent Communication™ Technique
2:15pm – 2:30pm Break
2:30pm – 3:30pm Session IV:Establishing a New Physiological Baseline
- Using stress resilience tools to create new more energy efficient neural patterns
- The connection between sleep and performance
- Learn and practice the Heart Lock-In® Technique
3:30pm – 4:00pmAction Plan for Plugging Energy Leaks and Building Resilience Capacity
4:00pm – 4:30pmProgram Completion/Wrap Up
Our program is broken up into three Interactive Learning Session that provide neuroscientific findings as they relate to 1) navigating change and uncertainty through self-regulation and social awareness, 2) collaboration as it relates to more effective decision-making and 3) facilitating strategies which promote resiliency in personal and professional life.
Custom Training Benefits
The onsite learning session will integrate the most recent discoveries in neuroscience related to stress management along with experiential activities to facilitate optimal engagement, the production of new insights for learning, and opportunities for application to the workplace setting. Several adult learning modalities consisting of a mix of lecture/PowerPoint, video, practice exercises, small group activities, and context-driven discussion will be utilized to deepen levels of learner engagement and relevancy to improving individual, team, and organizational performance. All sessions are organized in a brain friendly manner that maximizes the learning experience and integration into the workplace environment.
What makes us unique is that our program:
- Synthesizes cutting-edge findings from research in contemporary neuroscience, social, emotional and conversational intelligence, stress resilience, and human relationships with innovations in employee development.
- Encourages the application of the strategies learned in “real-play” situations vs. role-play or case study review.
- Utilizes group coaching facilitated by an International Coach Federation certified coach and Certified Brain-Based Coach to help the leaders embed and apply their learnings in real-world settings for sustainable results.
- Provides measurable outcomes with sustainable results – leading to greater (ROI)
- Offers credibility in credentials delivered by an accredited academic institution, dedicated to complementary and integrative health
Custom Training Program Implementation
MUIH PCE Customized Group Programs and Consulting
As a leader in integrative health education, MUIH is uniquely positioned to offer customized workshops and training programs for your organization to foster a healthier work environment. Through a collaborative process, we will work closely with you to create a program targeted to your desired results.
A training program with MUIH is designed similar to the way we approach health prevention and treatment: with a holistic and customized approach. Together, through a mutually beneficial partnership, we aim to create a healthier workplace and a healthier world.
Program outcomes are co-created and refined with the client during the Program Kickoff and Needs Assessment Meetings. A custom Training Program Proposal will be provided to you to create a program that meets your unique needs, which may include the following deliverables:
- Initial Training Consultation
- Interactive Learning Session(s) (onsite – date, location & frequency TBD by the Client & MUIH)
- Integrated Group Coaching Session(s) (virtual or onsite)
- Certificates of Completion & CEUs
- Training Workbook / Job Aide (may be customized to organization scenarios)
- Pre-and-Post Workshop Online Learning Activities and Discussions with Participants
- Post-Program Completion Debrief Meeting with Leadership Team
- Post-Learning Session Evaluation Summary Report