Schedule a Test
Disability services assist students who wish to take a state licensure exam. Its important to note a few items, such as MUIH does not proctor those exams and does not provide the accommodations. Each state have different criteria’s and the student is encouraged to research specific state requirements for requesting testing accommodations.
Please see example for the state of Maryland for Acupuncture licensure.
Request Letters of Accommodations
Schedule an Appointment
For appointments, please use the link below:
Learn About Student Responsibilities
Rights and Responsibilities
Students with disabilities at Maryland University of Integrative Health have a right to:
- Reasonable and effective accommodations according to a disability based on documentation from a qualified provider.
- Equal access to educational and co-curricular programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities available through the university.
- Be treated with respect and dignity and receive equal and fair treatment.
- Confidentiality in all matters of documentation and educational record.
- Information reasonably available in accessible formats.
- Access a grievance process either through a formal or informal complaint.
Students with disabilities at Maryland University of Integrative Health have the responsibility to:
- Initiate services with Disability Services.
- Provide appropriate documentation of a disability to Disability Services according to guidelines.
- Request accommodations in a timely manner from Disability Services to ensure that they are in place as soon as possible, while also understanding that accommodations may be requested at any time during tenure at MUIH.
- Work collaboratively with Disability Services staff to determine reasonable accommodations.
- Self-advocate and monitor personal progress. Students will alert Disability Services if assistance is needed with accommodation-related issues as soon as possible.
- Meet with professor(s) to discuss accommodation needs.
- Understand that requests for accommodations are not retroactive. Accommodations begin when faculty receive accommodation letters.
- Keep documentation and contact and disclosure information up to date with Disability Services.
- Abide by the MUIH Academic Policy. Student members of the Maryland University of Integrative Health may not cheat, plagiarize, steal, or lie in matters related to academic work.
- Acknowledge that Disability Services staff members have provided a list of additional academic support resources available on campus.
- Notify Disability Services if textbooks or other printed material, enlarged or otherwise formatted, are needed. In order to provide appropriate access in a reasonable amount of time, students are encouraged to notify Disability Services at least four weeks prior to the first day of classes of each semester. Students must also provide copies of syllabi to assist in the delivery of these services and materials.
- Contact Disability Services with any classroom accessibility issues that cannot be solved independently.
Related policies and grievance procedure are located here.