Struggling with those last 10 lbs?
Can’t get in the groove with your fitness routine?
Stress out of control?
Lost that sense of work-life balance?
Our health and wellness coaching students stand ready to help – at no cost to you!
As part of the practicum phase of their program, the students in our Health and Wellness Coaching programs are required to complete several one-on-one sessions with clients. Their goal is to guide and support you in reaching your wellness goals.
To participate, please email . Please put “Health Coaching Practicum” in the subject line. All requests must be received by July 26.
As a client in this program:
- You will be assigned your own personal student-health coach for all sessions
- Your student coach will contact you to set up your first appointment
- Sessions will be conducted on the phone at times that are convenient for you and your student coach
- You must commit to 4-6 coaching sessions in order to participate
- Each session will last between 30 and 60 minutes
- These coaching sessions are designed to focus on:
- Setting your personal wellness and health-enhancing goals
- Creating an effective wellness plan, individualized for your needs and goals
- Addressing obstacles that might get in the way of your success
- Supporting and guiding you in sticking to your plan
- Coaching sessions are strictly confidential*
- You are not required to discuss any known medical conditions
Please note that these coaching sessions are not meant to be a substitute for medical advice, mental health counseling, or career counseling. You will not receive instructions or recommendations for specific diets or exercise plans.
*Coaching sessions are tape recoded and reviewed only by MUIH faculty. This is required for students to be evaluated and receive academic credit for the practicum. Tapes are destroyed at the conclusion of the course on December 15, 2013.