Struggling with those last 10 lbs? Can’t get in the groove with your fitness routine? Stress levels out of control?
Our health and wellness coaching students stand ready to help – at no cost to you! As part of the practicum phase of their program, students in our health and wellness coaching programs are required to complete several one-on-one sessions with clients. Their goal is to guide and support you in reaching your wellness goals.
Students will be entering their practicum in the upcoming Summer 2017 trimester, which begins April 30.* To add your name to the list of volunteer clients, please email with “Health Coaching Practicum” in the subject line. All requests must be received by March 3, 2017.
As a client in this program:
- You will be assigned your own personal studenthealth coach for all sessions
- Your student coach will contact you to set up your first appointment. Please review Volunteer Client Q&A.
- Sessions will be conducted on the phone (most commonly), or via webbased video interface at times that are convenient for you and your student coach
- You must commit to 7-12 coaching sessions in order to participate (the number of sessions will depend on the practicum course in which your student coach is enrolled)
- Each session will last between 30-60 minutes
- These coaching sessions are designed to focus on:
- Setting your personal wellness and healthenhancing goals
- Creating an effective wellness plan, individualized for your needs and goals
- Addressing obstacles that might get in the way of your success
- Supporting and guiding you in sticking to your plan
- Coaching sessions are strictly confidential**
- You are not required to discuss any known medical conditions
Please note, not all who submit their names to be added to the volunteer list will be matched with a student coach this upcoming Summer trimester. However, the coaching practicum course is offered multiple times throughout the year so if you are not matched this trimester, we will keep your name on the volunteer list for future course offerings. Also please note that these coaching sessions are not meant to be a substitute for medical advice, mental health counseling, or career counseling. You will not receive instructions or recommendations for specific diets or exercise plans.
Thank you for considering working with our student coaches!
*Current students in any of MUIH’s programs are not permitted to sign up as volunteer clients; however, we welcome your participation as a volunteer client once you graduate from your academic program(s).
**Coaching sessions may be tape recorded and reviewed only by MUIH faculty. This is required for students to be evaluated and receive academic credit for the practicum. Tapes are destroyed at the conclusion of the course.