As Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) moves toward a more integrative model in our Natural Care Center (NCC) and university teaching clinics, the University is able to open new doors and manifest new possibilities. In working to realize this goal, MUIH is pleased to announce the immediate appointment of Linda Lee, M.D., to serve as the NCC Consulting Medical Advisor.
Dr. Lee began her career after earning both an undergraduate degree in biology and her medical degree from the University of Chicago, and completing her residency in internal medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. She then completed a gastroenterology fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital. She is now director of the Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine and Digestive Center, clinical director of Johns Hopkins Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, director of endoscopy at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and associate professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. In this video, Dr. Lee talks about her work at Johns Hopkins.
Board-certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology, Dr. Lee has remained active in gastrointestinal and cancer research and clinical care. She credits her cancer patients and other individuals with chronic digestive challenges with helping her to recognize the value of integrative medicine.
In an integrative clinic model, all clinical disciplines and practitioners work together on behalf of patients and clients. Working closely with Susan Testa, Associate Vice President for Clinical Services, as well as MUIH faculty, students and staff, Dr. Lee’s role at MUIH will include:
- Serving as a medical resource to the University as a whole and particularly to clinical services
- Being an advisor to and resource for the University’s clinical leadership and faculty
- Helping us to understand and navigate new health care regulations and practices as they may impact the University and NCC
- Informing us of trends in emerging health and medical education and specialties, including delivering lectures for faculty and students
- Facilitating and supporting relationships between the University and other healthcare organizations
MUIH looks forward to working with and learning from Dr. Lee as she works to enhance the University’s breadth of medical knowledge.