If you are a serious yoga enthusiast or yoga teacher, this new program could be just what you’ve been waiting for! We’re very excited to announce the launch of our Master of Science in Yoga Therapy,* one of the nation’s first graduate degrees in this rapidly growing field, now enrolling for September 2013.
Build a Fulfilling Career and Help Others
As you probably know, yoga is among the nation’s most popular and most often requested integrative healing therapies. There is scientific evidence to support the use of postures and other yogic techniques to address a variety of health challenges. Building on this research and drawing from a variety of yogic traditions, our yoga therapy program enables you to have a tremendous impact on the healing and well-being of your clients. As a yoga therapy practitioner positioned at the forefront of this emerging field, you will be able to design a fulfilling career working with individuals and groups in a wide variety of settings.
Distinctive and Academically Rigorous
Highlights of this 39-credit (810 contact hours) program:
- Anchored in the relationship-centered philosophy that is common to all our programs
- Acknowledges the complex interrelationship between body, mind, and spirit
- Offers a comprehensive and highly experiential classroom experience
- Provides exciting master classes with nationally renowned experts
- Culminates with an on-site, mentored clinical experience that prepares you to build your practice
- Designed to meet the standards established by the International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Will be completed in a two-year weekend format
- Eligible for federal financial aid
Download our brochure and visit our website to learn more about the Master of Science in Yoga Therapy. Watch for upcoming workshops with yoga therapy practitioners. And contact our Office of Graduate Admissions to get you from where you are to where you want to be.