This healthy treat is great when you want something healthy, sweet, and delicious.
It takes very little time to prepare and is great in the morning for a quick and yummy addition to your breakfast. Serve with fresh fruit, eggs and veggies for a nutritious start to your day.
This recipe comes from Sara Cooper and Michele Wright, students in our Master of Science in Nutrition and Integrative Health program. You can sample their recipes and more at our Nutrition Expo this Saturday from 3 – 5:30 p.m., hosted by our nutrition grad students. Learn more and RSVP here
- 1 cup coconut cream or coconut milk
- ¼ cup Chia seeds
- ¼ cup honey, agave, coconut sugar or palm sugar (or to taste)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Possible flavoring options:
- 2 tbsp coco powder
- ¼ cup raspberries puree (or other fruit purees)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients and add your choice of flavoring.
- Mix well to combine.
- Transfer pudding into shot glasses.
- Refrigerate the pudding for at least 2 hours.