Enjoy our recipe for Dressed Carrots & Brussel Sprouts in the Holiday Sides Recipe Handout.
Equipment Needed: Cutting board, knife, baking sheet, whisk, peeler, parchment paper, small bowl, small pan, microplane or grater
Estimated Cost: $6.50
Cost per Serving: $1.60
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2in pieces
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp pecans or another nut, chopped, optional
Method of Preparation:
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place carrots and brussels sprouts on baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Spread vegetables evenly on the pan.
- Roast until veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest, honey, rosemary, and thyme. Taste and adjust with a dash of salt or pepper. Set aside.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer to serving bowl.
- Pour apple cider vinegar mixture over veggies and stir to coat well.
- Optional – Heat nuts in a small dry pan over medium to low heat. Toast nuts, shaking the pan often, to ensure nuts do not burn. Once fragrant, remove from heat. Top dish with nuts.
Carrots – rich source of Vitamin A which has been linked to eye health. It has been shown that this vitamin helps to reduce the risk of night blindedness.
Rosemary – this spice has been shown to boost cognitive function and performance. Rosemary may also help improve memory and sharpen understanding.