Virtual Mindfulness and Stress Reduction Activities
Our daily lives and routines may look very different than they used to. You may be noticing you are feeling more stressed, anxious, irritable, or may have a hard time concentrating and getting tasks done. You are not alone.
Prior to COVID-19, you may have had ways to manage your stress- often known as coping mechanisms. This may have included going to a MindBody Lab on campus, grabbing a coffee with your friends, or knocking on your friend’s door to chat. You may notice an increase in your level of stress while some of your coping mechanisms are not currently accessible.
How to Use This Guide
Below you will find a list of mindfulness and stress reduction activities you can do at home to help manage your emotional well-being. Please note that some of these techniques may work better for you than others and that’s okay. Explore and find what mindfulness and relaxation techniques work best for you.
- MindBody Lab Relaxation Tracks
- Deep breathing track (7 minutes)
- Muscle relaxation exercise (18 minutes)
- Guided imagery (12 minutes & 19 minutes)
- 3-minute deep breathing exercises (English, Spanish, Mandarin)
- 4-7-8 Breath (8 minutes)
- Body Scan (English- 19 minutes, Spanish- 9 minutes, Mandarin- 13 minutes)
- Seated meditation (20 minutes)
- Guided Self-Compassion Meditation
- Free Daily Meditation—Online Meditation Events
- Black Lives Matter Meditation for Healing Racial Trauma: Listen to this meditation created by Dr. Candice Nicol with the sole purpose of healing racial trauma.
Videos, Podcasts, & Articles
- Getting Started with Mindfulness article with guided meditation tracks
- How to Manage Your Stress TedTalk Playlist
- Yoga with Adriene Youtube Videos
- “Leaves on a Stream” – Cognitive Defusion Exercise
- 1-Minute Mindfulness Exercises
- Relaxing And Chill Music for Meditation and Stress Relief YouTube Playlist
- For Black Girls Everywhere – A Relaxing Mediation
- Beginners Meditation – 30-minutes in Spanish
- Meditaciónen 5 minutos – Spanish Meditation
- Sense Meditation – Travelasana with Malaika