Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) Professional and Continuing Education (PCE), and each of its respective affiliates, directors, officers, faculty, subject matter experts and/or agents (collectively, “MUIH”) provide this program (the “Program”) solely for the purpose of providing information to participants and for personal educational use. The material presented in the Program has been prepared in good faith with the goal of providing accurate and authoritative information regarding the subject matter covered. MUIH will endeavor to provide updates and additions to the Program as needed.
The information presented in this Program is not meant to take the place of medical training or intervention. If applicable, Completion of the Program or any section of it does not confer any practice rights or privileges. Practice rights are based on state licensure laws which vary from state to state and by profession. Participants should familiarize themselves with and abide by the scope of practice regulations as set forth in applicable licensure laws, regulations, and other rules.
This material is the confidential and proprietary information of Maryland University of Health, and its developers may not be shared with any parties other than those who have registered in the Program. Any reproduction or transmission of all or part of the Program materials, whether by electronic, mechanical, recorded, other means, without prior written consent of Maryland University of Integrative Health shall be an infringement.
MUIH hereby grants permission to registrants to share the resources and handouts with their clients and employees, but only in the format provided, you may not add any logos, names, or customization and you must maintain on the handouts the MUIH copyright information and branding.
Our License to You
Subject to these Terms and our policies (including the Acceptable Use Policy, Honor Code, course-specific eligibility requirements, and other terms), we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services. You may download content from our Services only for your personal, non-commercial use, unless you obtain our written permission to otherwise use the content. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, unless expressly permitted by MUIH, and you will not share access to your account or access information for your account with any third party. Using our Services does not give you ownership of or any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access.
Changes to Content Offerings
MUIH reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, reschedule, or modify any Content Offerings, or change the point value or weight of any assignment, quiz, or other assessment, either solely, or in accordance with Content Provider instructions. Content Offerings are subject to the Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability sections below.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Academic Credit
Course Unless otherwise explicitly indicated, participation in or completion of Content Offerings does not confer any academic credit. Even if credit is awarded by one institution, there is no presumption that other institutions will accept that credit. You agree not to accept credit for completing a Content Offering unless you have earned a course certificate or other equivalent documentation of your completion of the Content Offering. MUIH, instructors, and the associated Content Providers have no obligation to have Content Offerings recognized by any educational institution or accreditation organization. For Additional information related to the credentials and CEUs, refer to the MUIH PCE CEU Philosophy.
All users participating in PCE Content Offerings must agree to abide by the following code:
- I will register for only one account, unless expressly permitted to register for additional accounts by MUIH.
- My submissions to quizzes, exams, projects, discussions and other assignments and coursework will be my own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration) as specified in the MUIH Academic Integrity Policy.
- I will not make solutions to quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments available to anyone else (except to the extent an assignment explicitly permits sharing solutions). This includes both solutions written by me, as well as any solutions provided by the course staff or others.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.
- Any violation of this code may result in your access to all or part of the Services being suspended, disabled, or terminated.
Privacy and Student Information
Except as provided by law, MUIH will not release personally identifiable information from the student’s record without the student’s prior consent. Student applies to all students, including continuing education students, students auditing classes, distance education students, and former students.
One exception which permits disclosure without consent, is a disclosure to school official with legitimate education interests. A school official is a person employed by the university in an administrative, supervisory, academic, research, or support staff position; a person or company with whom the university has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the board of trustees; or a student serving on an official committee such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility. Upon request, MUIH discloses education records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks enrollment or intends to enroll.
The right to inspect and review your education records within 45 days of the day the university receives a request for access.
The right to request an amendment to your education records that you believe to be inaccurate or misleading.
The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in your education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the office that administers FERPA is Family Policy Compliance Office U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20202-4605.
For further information regarding our FERPA policy please visit https://muih.edu/academics/office-of-the-registrar/ferpa/
For further information on the MUIH use of confidential information, refer to the full Confidential Information Management policy at MyMUIH or upon request.
Online Tools & Technology
- MUIH Technology Requirements
- Instructure Security
- Canvas Acceptable Use
- Zoom Terms of Service
- Microsoft Office Service Agreement
Warranty and Guarantees
- MUIH makes no representation or warranty of any kind regarding any information, apparatus, product, or process discussed in the Program, and assumes no liability, therefore. We do not make any representations or guarantees as to the effectiveness, future income, expenses, or potential profitability that may be derived as a result of your use of this content.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED IN THE PROGRAM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. THE PARTICIPANT ASSUMES THE SOLE RISK OF MAKING USE AND/OR RELYING ON THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED IN THE PROGRAM. ANA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, LEGALITY, UTILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED IN THE PROGRAM. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- THIS COURSE/PROGRAM, BENEFITS, AND INFORMATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, AS TO ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR APPROPRIATENESS FOR ANY PURPOSE.