Maryland University of Integrative Health is restricted in the programs and courses into which it can enroll individuals who reside in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Montana, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, or Wisconsin. Individuals residing in these states are encouraged to contact MUIH’s Office of Graduate Admissions at 443-906-5745 or  to discuss and understand their enrollment options.

MUIH is not permitted to enroll individuals from these states in online courses. All MUIH programs require the completion of at least one online course and so MUIH cannot accept students from these states into any of its programs. MUIH is also unable to enroll non-degree seeking individuals from these states into stand-alone online courses.

There are various reasons for these restrictions, governed by federal regulations, the higher education agency and regulations of these states, and/or by the state’s participation in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA).  MUIH continues to keep lines of communication open with state policy makers and with NC-SARA to determine MUIH’s eligibility to accept students from these and other states into our programs.

State restrictions do not apply to non-credit Professional and Continuing Education courses and other non-credit online events.

Online Education Complaint Resolution Process

In compliance with U.S. Congressional House Rule (HR) 668.43 (b) and U.S. Department of Education rules, an institution offering distance education must “provide its students or prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accreditor and with its State approval or licensing entity and any other relevant State official or agency that would appropriately handle a student’s complaint.”

MUIH encourages all current, former, and prospective students, regardless of their residency, to first submit any grievances, complaints, or concerns directly to MUIH as specified in the Catalog and Student Handbook.

If students feel the issue cannot be solved by the University, a complaint may be filed with MUIH’s state approval and licensing entity the Maryland Commission on Higher Education or its accreditor the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.

Students located outside Maryland while attending MUIH may also choose to contact the appropriate higher education entity in their state.