Canvas Learning Management System
The Canvas learning management system (LMS) is the software application MUIH uses to deliver its online and hybrid courses, and to supplement its on-campus courses.
Log in to Canvas using your MUIH email address and password. For assistance with your email address and password to access Canvas, contact the MUIH Information Technology (IT) Department at or 410-888-9048 ext. 6685.
First Tier Canvas Support – 24/7/365 Canvas Support
Contact 24/7/365 Canvas Support as THE FIRST STEP to address Canvas classroom issues.
When reporting problems, please include the following information to ensure a timely resolution of your problem: your first and last name, course name, instructor’s name, specify your usage of a PC or Mac, specify the type of browser you are using, and provide the specific details describing the problem you are having.
Second Tier Canvas Support
Student Canvas Support
Faculty Canvas Support Services
- Term classroom prep
- Requests for I-grade classrooms
- Coordination and implementation of accessibility requests approved by the Office of Disability Services
- Canvas training for faculty hosted virtually or in one-on-one formats
Canvas Technical Requirements and Tutorials
- Canvas Technical Requirements: Basic Computer Specifications for Canvas provides information about technical requirements to maximize use of Canvas.
- Minimum Hardware Requirements: Headset with microphone: Many courses include videos or audio lectures, which require use of speakers or a headset. You will need a microphone to participate in webinars and to ensure a high quality and interactive experience. You can purchase a computer headset with microphone online or at most office supply or electronics stores.
- Canvas Student Guide: The Canvas Student Guide provides access to support and tutorials about the Canvas features used by students.
- Canvas Guides: Canvas guides and information resources are available on the Canvas Community pages including a searchable guide on a variety of topics.
- Video Screencast-O-Matic Tutorial: Screencast-O-Matic is a recording, editing and sharing application in Canvas classrooms.
ZOOM Videoconferencing System
The ZOOM videoconferencing system is the software application that MUIH’s students and faculty use for real time meetings to support online and remote teaching and learning.
Zoom Training and Support
MUIH Information Technology Office Support
Login and password for
- Data Portal
- My MyMUIH
Technical assistance with
- Data Portal
- On-campus technical requests or issues
- Office 365/MUIH email