How do I apply for financial aid?

You can apply for financial aid online by completing a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year. Many scholarships also require it.

Note:  MUIH school code is G25784.

How soon can I apply for financial aid?

A new FAFSA becomes available on October 1st of each year.  You can complete the FAFSA during the school year; however, we do recommend applying as early as possible.

How many credits do I need to take to receive financial aid?

In order to receive financial aid, you must be enrolled at least half time (3 credits) each trimester. IMPORTANT: Most grants and scholarships at MUIH require the student to be enrolled full time (6 credit hours or more) or as designated by the program plan of study.

What kind of financial aid may I be eligible for as a graduate student?

As a graduate student, you may be eligible for Unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loans. The annual loan limit for the Unsubsidized Direct Loans is $20,500 and the lifetime aggregate loan limit is $138,500.00.  If you need additional aid, you can apply for a Graduate Plus Loan at studentaid.gov. This is a credit-based federal loan.

Additionally, you may be eligible for scholarships, fellowships, grants and state aid.

If you are a Maryland resident and have completed the FAFSA before March 1st, you may be eligible for a senatorial and delegate scholarship apply at mdcaps.mhec.state.md.us/MDCAPS

Where can I find my aggregate loan limit?

There are limits on the amount of Direct Subsidized and Direct Unsubsidized loans that you may be eligible to receive each academic year (annual loan limits) and the total amounts that you  may borrow for graduate study (aggregate loan limits).  To find you aggregate loan limit, visit studentaid.gov. You may need your FSA ID to log in.

What types of scholarship can I apply for at MUIH?

Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) offers scholarships and grants to both in state and out-of-state students. Students who are interested in applying for one or more scholarships and/or grants must submit an online application. Each scholarship or grant is awarded based on the following list including, but not limited to:

  • Specific Program
  • Need Based
  • Diversity

To qualify for the scholarships and or grants, students must first be admitted to MUIH. To apply for scholarships see our Scholarships/Fellowships and Grants

What is the interest rate for Direct Unsubsidized Loans?

The interest rate varies depending on the loan type and date of the loan. To review the interest rates, visit studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/loans/interest-rates#what-interest

What are other funding options without using Financial Aid?

Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) offers multiple funding options.

Tuition Payment Plan
Billing and Accounting Office, Brian Donelan

Employer Tuition Reimbursements
Billing and Accounting Office, Brian Donelan

VA Benefits
Registrar Office,

What is “Cost of Attendance”?

Per federal regulations, every student is assigned a cost of attendance, also known as a budget.  Student can think of the cost of attendance as the upper limit of the maximum amount of financial aid (including grants, scholarships, federal, and private loans) that they may receive for the year. The cost of attendance includes tuition and fees, books and supplies, transportation, living expense and personal expenses. We encourage you to view our Cost Of Attendance breakdown for a better understanding regarding the cost and the maximum amount of financial aid you are allowed to receive in one academic year. The amounts are determined based on the enrollment status as well as the program that you will be enrolled.

What happens to my financial aid if I withdrawal from school or take less than half time?

We understand there may be a need to withdraw from either one class or from the University.  We strongly encourage you to read our withdrawal policy before you withdraw or drop below half time (less than 3 credits per trimester). We also encourage you to review the Return Of Title IV Funds Policy regarding the financial aid implications as well as contacting the Financial Aid Office if you need more information.

How do I repay my loans?

Repayment on most federal student loans begins 6 months after you leave college or drop below half-time enrollment. To reduce the overall amount that you will pay on your loans, we encourage you to make monthly interest payments on your loans before your repayment begins.

All federal student loans have a loan servicer that handles billing and other services. You can find your federal loan servicer information by visiting studentaid.gov. Once you have identified your servicer, visit their website to make a loan payment. For private loans, contact your lender for details about repayment. For information on federal loan repayment and repayment plans, visit studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans.

When are funds disbursed?

Typically, your financial aid will begin to disburse the aid no earlier than 10 days before classes begin. Subsequent disbursements are made weekly.

This assumes you completed all the requirements: (FAFSA on file and no further verification is needed; you are enrolled at least half time (3 credits), the award letter is accepted, Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling are completed; Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment is completed. If receiving a Graduate PLUS loan, you must complete Direct PLUS MPN and if loan is endorsed, PLUS Credit Counseling must also be completed.)

When can I expect to receive my refund check?

Per Federal Guidelines, MUIH is required to release any excess of financial aid funds in within 14 calendar days from the start of the trimester or from the disbursement date for funds that are disbursed after the trimester has started.