MUIH welcomes all men and women with a background in the U.S. Armed Forces. Whether you are on active duty, in the Reserves or National Guard, a veteran, or a family member of a veteran, MUIH is dedicated to helping you succeed. The VA Certifying Official’s in The Office of the Registrar will certify your enrollment to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) by providing your dates of enrollment and the courses that you are taking.

Policy for Protections for VA Educational Benefit Users

Your MUIH School Certifying Officials:

Leslie Lawrence, Associate Registrar
Rhonda Stokes, Registrar

Newly admitted students should follow the steps below to begin the certification process:

Step 1. Complete the VA Application for Education Benefits

Step 2. Provide the following to the MUIH VA Certifying Officials:

If you have used VA education benefits previously at another university, you must complete VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training), either online or via mail.

Current students must request certification of their VA benefits immediately after registering for courses each trimester via the online form available here.

VA Benefit Student Expectations

For a document with information on what is expected of MUIH students receiving Veterans Benefits, click here.

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Benefits for Military Personnel and Retirees

For a document with Veterans Affairs information, VA FAQS.

Shopping Sheet

If you would like to receive a financial aid shopping sheet please email .

To view an example of a shopping sheet, click here.

Points of Contact

Military and Veterans Education Benefits

It is recommended that all students who will be using VA Education Benefits review the GI Bill® website. For comprehensive VA Education Benefits counseling, including information pertaining to payment, availability of benefits or approvals call the VA at 1-888-442-4551.

Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill (Active Duty – MGIB-AD)

Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation (VR&E)

Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill (Active Duty or Veteran)

Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill (Spouse or Dependent)

Chapter 35 – Survivors and Dependents Assistance (Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance – DEA)

Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill (Selected Reserve – MGIB-SR)

Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)

Survivors and Dependents Assistance (Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship)


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at