Awards & Disbursement
Federal regulations require colleges to consider all educational financial assistance to be calculated in determining student eligibility. Financial assistance includes grants, loans, scholarships, work study, and similar programs used to cover postsecondary educational expenses. When a student receives more aid than his/her financial need or our cost of attendance, the result may be an over offer.
The packaging methodology for graduate students at MUIH:
- All Students that apply for financial aid and have no issues preventing the award process will be offered the Direct Unsubsidized loan in the amount of $20,500.00 for the academic year. The award will be divided in three equal amounts among the three trimesters. Student can customize their awards however they cannot receive more than $10,250.00 per trimester in Direct Unsubsidized loan.
- For additional funding to cover school related expenses students can apply for the Direct PLUS loan. Student can get awarded up to the Cost of Attendance if their application is approved. Please visit the link for more information and to apply for the Direct PLUS loan. Student must notify the Financial Aid office once approved in order to be reviewed for additional awards.
- Federal Work Study Program (FWS) is also available for students that demonstrate financial need. Need is determined by an evaluation of the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students are awarded FWS funds upon completion of the FAFSA if they have checked the interest in the work-study box, and as long as funds are available.
- Students also have the option to apply for Institutional Scholarships and Grants. Students who are interested in applying for one or more scholarships must submit an online application. Each scholarship and/or grant will be based on the following including, but not limited to specific program, need based, or diversity If any is awarded will be added to the student’s award letter.
- Students who are not eligible for Federal aid or have exhausted their aggregate limit have the choice to apply and receive an alternative loan up to the Cost of Attendance based on their enrollment status.
Submit Your FAFSA
The 2020-21 FAFSA is now available
School Code: G25784