In January, 287 excited new students started classes at MUIH representing the largest incoming class in the University’s history.
As the field of integrative health grows rapidly, MUIH is attracting more students than almost any other integrative health school in the nation, and more passionate people than ever before are eager to study and practice our disciplines. Who are these wonderful students? Where do they come from? What are they studying? Here are some fast facts about this group.
Number of Students
- 287 students joined us in the January 2015 class, the most in MUIH’s history
- 53 MUIH alumni are returning for the new doctoral degrees in acupuncture and Oriental medicine
- 4 alumni are returning for our new doctorate in clinical nutrition
Where They Live
- 58% come from within the region of Maryland, DC, and Virginia
- 42% live outside this region, including six international students
- Students range in age from 21 to 64
- The average age of our students is 40
- 85% are female and 15% are male
Online and On Campus
- 43% of students in this class are enrolled in online programs
- 17% of students are enrolled in hybrid programs, combining online and on-campus courses
- 40% are enrolled in on-campus programs
We wish our new community members and all of our students much success and fulfillment in their programs at MUIH!