This sweet smoothie is both delicious and nutritionally dense, making it a perfect option for a quick breakfast before you head out the door in the morning. It includes mild-tasting spinach and kale, both of which are great sources of fiber and are rich in vitamins A and C. The smoothie also contains almond butter, which is a healthy source of fat that keeps you feeling full and balances your blood sugar levels. Thanks to Joanna Balz for sharing her recipe!
Makes approximately 22 – 24 ounces
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 big kale leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 or 2 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1 large Gala or Fuji apple, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ – 1 banana, peeled (depends on how creamy you want your smoothie)
- 6 – 9 frozen small pineapple chunks
- About 1 ½ cups cold water
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Add more water if consistency is too thick. Feel free to use a few drops of liquid stevia to enhance sweetness.