With peak sweet potato season right around the corner, this is a perfect fall recipe to make as a snack or dinner side dish.
Sweet potatoes are one of the best sources of beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A. Vitamin A has a long list of health benefits, including protecting eye and skin health. Using olive or coconut oil to bake the fries enhances your body’s ability to convert beta-carotene into vitamin A. Thanks to online nutrition student Emily Connors for sharing this recipe!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Enough olive oil (or coconut oil) to coat the sweet potatoes
- 1-2 teaspoons Curry powder
- Splash of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut ends off of the sweet potato and cut lengthwise into sticks (or your shape of choice).
- Put sweet potatoes in a bowl and add enough olive oil (or coconut oil) to lightly and evenly coat them; season with curry powder (about 1-2 teaspoons) and a splash of lemon juice. Combine well.
- Transfer potato slices to a baking sheet and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through.