This easy summertime recipe is provided by Sharon Chan, RD, LDN, a graduate nutrition student intern in our on-campus Natural Care Center. She can be reached via email or 301-678-3623. Learn more about our academic programs in Nutrition and Integrative Health.
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, cut to bite size
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt (or homemade yogurt cheese)
- 1 cup cooked spinach, drained, squeezed dry
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon of dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon of celery salt (optional)
- Hot pepper sauce (Tabasco) for a nice kick
- Grounded black pepper
- Sea salt
In a medium mixing bowl, add yogurt, both mustards, basil, parsley, ginger, and celery salt and mix well. Add in eggs, spinach, red bell pepper and gently stir to mix ingredients. Stir in hot pepper sauce, black pepper, and sea salt to taste.
Enjoy with bread or greens. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.