Equipment: high-powered blender, nut-milk bag or cheesecloth, glass jar
- 1 ¼ cup nuts, raw, soaked, rinsed (almonds for 8 hours, cashews for 4 hours, hazelnuts for 6 hours)
- 4 cups filtered water*
- 2 tbsp sweetener (maple syrup, honey) (optional)
- To taste, salt
Method of Preparation:
- Place nuts and water in a high-powered blender. Blend at high speed until smooth.
- Pour through a nut-milk bag or mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set aside pulp for almond meal.
*3 cups water=full fat milk, 4 cups water=2% milk, 5 cups water=skim milk
Kornfeld, M. (2005). The healthy hedonist. Simon & Schuster.