Serves: 2 Estimated Cost: $2.00 Cost per Serving: $1.00
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Cooking oil to grease pan (preferably coconut or olive oil)
- Optional toppings: butter, maple syrup, peanut butter, nuts/seeds, berries, or anything else you would like!
Method of Preparation:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let mixture sit to thicken while heating pan greased with cooking oil on medium temperature.
- Once pan is hot, pour mixture onto pan in groups of 1/4 cup. [Tip: you will know that the pan is ready to cook on when you flick a drop of water on it and the pan sizzles]
- Cook pancakes until the edges are dry and they puff up a bit – then flip.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
From the kitchen: Blender, measuring cups, bowl, mixing spoon, stove, pan, spatula.
This delicious, high-protein breakfast starts the day off on the right foot by steadying blood glucose levels. Stable glucose levels improve energy, focus, and mood throughout the day.
Both cottage cheese and eggs contain all of the body’s essential amino acids.