Equipment Need: Baking dish (a baking sheet will also work), mixing bowl, cutting board, knife, mixing utensil, and measuring cups.
Serves: 2 Estimated Cost: $2.00 Cost Per Serving: $1.00
- 1 cup of your favorite seasonal fruit (i.e. apples, peaches, pears)
- ½ cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tbsp honey
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease the baking dish.
- Slice your fruit of choice into 2-inch, bite-sized pieces and place in the baking dish.
- Combine melted butter or coconut oil in mixing bowl with oats, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until oats are evenly coated.
- Transfer oat mixture to baking dish, layering oats over the fruit.
- Then, drizzle honey over oats and bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then broil for 5 minutes or until oats are toasted.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Honey is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect cells from oxidative stress and inflammation, contributing to overall health and
potentially reducing the risk of chronic diseases when consumed as part of a balanced diet. Consuming local honey may help alleviate allergy symptoms. It contains trace amounts of local pollen, and regular exposure to these small quantities can potentially desensitize the immune system, reducing allergic reactions and providing relief from seasonal allergies.
Seasonal Fall Fruit such as apples, peaches, and pears are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and
antioxidants. Consuming these fruits can support your immune system, help maintain healthy skin, and provide vital nutrients like vitamin C and dietary fiber.