Enjoy our recipe for Squash Seed Brittle in the Holiday Sides Recipe Handout.
Equipment Needed: dehydrator or oven, teflex sheets or parchment paper and baking sheet, medium bowl
Estimated Cost: $4.00
Cost per Serving: $0.66
- 2 cups pumpkin or squash seeds (soaked at least 4 hours, rinsed)
- 1/2 cup date or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste, cayenne, cumin
Method of Preparation:
- If using a dehydrator, set to 145°F. If using an oven, preheat to 200°F or the lowest setting.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to combine.
- Spread on teflex sheets for dehydrator or parchment paper covered baking sheet for oven use.
- Dehydrate until dry, crisp, and crunchy, around 2 hours.
- Store in an air-tight container.