What You Need to Know:
Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) continues to monitor this evolving situation with COVID-19, as the health and safety of faculty, staff, and students remain of utmost importance. We continue to follow guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Howard County Health Department, and Maryland Department of Health in making its decisions. Additionally, MUIH is monitoring what is taking place at the public schools and area colleges and universities.
Health and Safety Protocols
MUIH Health and Safety Protocols – All individuals planning to come to MUIH’s buildings are encouraged to read this comprehensive Health and Safety Plan. The plan applies to everyone who enters MUIH’s main campus and Maple Lawn offices, including employees, students, patients, and other visitors. Noncompliance with the plan by employees and students could result in disciplinary action.
Highlights of this plan includes:
- Masks are optional for anyone coming to the University that is not visiting the Natural Care Center or a CHI site such as auricular acupuncture. Acceptable facemasks for the NCC and CHI sites are N95, KN95, KN94, or equivalent.
- The COVID-19 vaccination is encouraged , but will not be required at MUIH
- Everyone is expected to conduct their own daily health assessment, and to take appropriate action if they are infected by COVID-19
- Natural Care Center and CHI site visitors, students, staff, and faculty required to complete temperature and health checks before entry to the building
- Patients check in for their appointment remotely and do not enter the building until told to enter
- Required 3-foot distancing
- Frequent cleaning of NCC treatment rooms and classrooms throughout the day
Important Operational Updates
The University continues to operate in order to serve students, support faculty, and conduct business on its standard schedule. The MUIH campus is open and all offices are available by phone and by email during normal operating hours. In most cases, staff will be working in either a hybrid (in person and remote) or completely remote format and we recommend that visitors to schedule an appointment before coming to campus.
Enhancements were made to MUIH’s main campus building to make it much safer for preventing the spread of COVID-19. Throughout the classrooms, common areas, and treatment rooms in the clinic the carpeting was replaced with vinyl floor, and air purifiers have been placed in the classrooms to assist with ventilation of the rooms. Additional outdoor seating has been expanded.
Natural Care Center
The Natural Care Center is open with COVID-19 precautions and procedures, per MUIH’s Health and Safety Plan (see above).
If you would like to schedule an appointment, either an in-person visit or a telehealth appointment, you may call the Natural Care Center Front Desk at 443-906-5794 or send us an email message to . Note: Access to the building and the Natural Care Center, is through appointment only. We are unable to accept walk-ins at this time.
Western and Chinese Herbal Dispensaries
The Western and Chinese Herbal Dispensaries are currently open.
To keep the MUIH community informed, regular updates and important resources will be posted here. Any immediate changes to the University’s operating status will be shared immediately through MUIH Alerts, which delivers urgent notifications through text message. Please continue to check your MUIH email regularly.
Thank you for your support and for your efforts to keep our MUIH community safe and healthy.
Monday: 7am to 10 pm
Tuesday: 7am to 10pm
Wednesday: 7am to 10 pm
Thursday: 7am to 10 pm
Friday: 7am to 10 pm
Saturday: 7am to 10 pm
Sundays: 8 am to 7 pm